$445 $423 per person
Turkey in the winters is like a dream come true: both in terms of beauty and budget! So whether you’re a student looking to travel on a budget or a someone who just likes to travel smart, this one’s for you! So what are you waiting for? Embrace your wanderlust with Art of Travel’s winter trips to Turkey.
DepartureJinnah International Airport, Karachi (KHI) - Pakistan
IncludedAccommondationBreakfast at hotelDomestic flightsEnglish speaking chauffeurInter-city transport
Not IncludedBus FaresDinner at hotelEarly check-inFerry TicketsLate check-outLunchesPackage activitiesPrivate CarReturn Air ticketServices not specifiedVisa Fee
Day 1 Highlights: Arrive at Istanbul
- Meet at IST (Ataturk) airport & transfer to your hotel. You will be given your room key and the rest of the day is yours to explore Istanbul. Overnight in Istanbul.
Day 2 Highlights: Explore the Old City
- Guests will be picked up around 8:00 am, and brought to the Sultan Ahmet district, the oldest, most historic part of the city. The first stop of the day will be the Hagia Sophia, as our tour guide explains the significance of this massive building that was once a Christian church, then a mosque, and now a museum.
- Afterward, we will pass the Hippodrome of Constantinople, where we will see the site's impressive obelisk, before reaching the Blue Mosque. Be sure to take pictures of both the interior and exterior of this impressive building.
- Next, we will continue to the Grand Bazaar, a massive, bustling complex to find clothing, decorative furnishings, food, and more. On the way to the bazaar, we will see other historical monuments, like the Tomb of Sultan Ahmet I, the Firuz Aga Mosque, and the exterior of the Tomb of Mehmed II.
- After our visit to the Grand Bazaar, we will make a brief stop for lunch.
- In the afternoon, we will visit Topkapi Palace, the primary residence of the Ottoman sultans for nearly 400 years.
- Next, we will visit the Little Hagia Sophia, the final stop on the tour before guests are returned to their hotels
Day 3 Highlights: Bosphorous Cruise
- Based on the guests' preference, they will be pickeed up in the morning or afternoon for the half-day Bosphorous Cruise tour.
- We will first visit the Spice Bazaar, one of the city's most colorful and bustling attractions, which has been in operation since the 17th century and still remains a very popular attraction for locals and visitors alike. The tour guide will give us tips on the best stalls and kiosks to visit so we do not become overwhelmed by the busy market, where we will have roughly 45 minutes of free time to explore and shop.
- Next, we will head to the shores of the Bosphorus Strait for a cruise, learning about this important, strategic waterway that straddles the Asian and European continents.
- On our voyage, we will see an impressive showcase of many historic Istanbul buildings: the decadent façade of Dolmabahce Palace; 15th-century fortress Rumelihisari; the Beylerbeyi Palace, the summer home of Ottoman sultans; and many more.
- After tour, you will be transferred to the airport to catch your flight to Cappadocia.
- Arrival in Cappadocia & transfer to hotel.
Day 4 Highlights: South Cappadocia
- Day 4 will be another mystical day! We will start with a visit to the Red Valley and discover rock-cut churches and hike 5 km through the Valley of Gulludere.
- Then we'll continue on with a visit to the ancient Cavusin village.
- Lunch will be a yummy selection of Turkish Cuisine.
- In the afternoon, drive to the Pigeon Valley for panoramic views.
- We'll then head towards the Underground City, dated back to the Hittites than used by the early Christians. The Under Ground city was specially carved to be used during the war time to save lives. You can still see stables, kitchens, living rooms, bedrooms and more.
- After the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel.
Day 5 Highlights: Departure
- After breakfast you will have free time until we depart for the airport for our domestic flight to Istanbul and then switch to international terminal to catch home-bound flight.